Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Habitats Lesson Four

We started the lesson with this voice thread after explaining...

.... "I am the Arctic King and am throwing a party. You will choose one of 16 different animals. You must become that animal and approach my throne. You must tell me what you can bring to the party and if I like it, you may be allowed to enter my palace for my awesome party. If I don't like it, you must go back a try again!"   We continued to tell the class, you make take a few notes as you learn about these 16 animals that are in the Arctic Tundra Eco System so you can know what you might say to the king to get into the party!

Here is the voice thread:  https://voicethread.com/new/share/6414770/

I would have liked to include the sounds each animal makes as well during the voice thread, I added in a few at the end.

There were the pictures of each of the 16 animals on the walls spaced through out the room for them to stand under to know which animal they would like to play. We limited the groups to no bigger to four students. 

We then "played" the "Arctic King" game. Only one group "The Arctic Wolves", had to go back a try again. One of them said they would eat ME!  A few of the groups I could have sent back but I just kept asking, "Well what else can you bring to my party?"  (photos to come)

To end the class we played the "I Have... Who Has" habitats game again from the previous week.  (video to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment