Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Our big finale luncheon!

We had a wonderful celebration of the Arts Bridge program and many that presented, drove home the fact that arts integration WORKS!

I loved all the success stories and enjoyed getting TONS more ideas of things I can do. I found myself thinking, "why didn't I think of that, I am totally going to do that in my class."

For part of our presentation at today's luncheon, I shared this "movie trailer" for a fake movie. I used photos of our final day together when I brought along 10 animals. We learned 4th grade science. I made them promise not to make the other 4th graders next year feel bad that they already had learned this... HOW TO CLASSIFY ANIMALS like a scientist.  I reminded them that clear back in November they learned about the Musk Ox from the Arctic Tundra because... I brought with me a pelt of one of these BOVINE animals (different than a buffalo and bison). Here's a picture of one:
I'm telling you about this because I told the students, "whenever it is worn like a wig, it changes your voice. watch this" and preceded to put it on my head and talk like a surfer dude. They all wanted to try it but then.... "HEY! It doesn't work!"  I had to wink and say, you need to do some acting! Come on! I'm an acting teacher! Don't you remember anything I taught you! And we had a fun final day together. So, here's the "movie trailer" for a movie called "Animals Everywhere".

Look for both me wearing the Musk Ox "wig" and the white dry erase board at about 24 sec. after is says "CAN YOU CLASSIFY?" the diagram on the board that helped 3rd graders learn 4th grade science!

https://youtu.be/10IDGlgYvks

Thank you for reading my blog.  If you're having trouble posting comments, feel free to email them to me!

DavidShipp@byu.edu


1 comment: