Friday, February 27, 2015

First Visit to learn about Space Exploration

I wore my one piece ski jumper to try to look like an astronaut but was told, maybe if I wore a helmet I would've pulled it off. The class agreed I didn't look all that much like an astronaut.

We tried a new "I have... Who has?" activity but it didn't go that well because we hadn't learned much about the moon yet.

We read "Starry Messenger" by Peter Sis.  Here is the book's description from amazon.com:
"In every age there are courageous people who break with tradition to explore new ideas and challenge accepted truths. Galileo Galilei was just such a man--a genius--and the first to turn the telescope to the skies to map the heavens. In doing so, he offered objective evidence that the earth was not the fixed center of the universe but that it and all the other planets revolved around the sun. Galileo kept careful notes and made beautiful drawings of all that he observed. Through his telescope he brought the starts down to earth for everyone to see."
http://www.amazon.com/Starry-Messenger-Galileo-Peter-S%C3%ADs/dp/0374470278

We then did a few tableau and I did some thought tracking. And the students were super awesome at this.

Pictures... coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment